Follow me in my travels abroad!



Thursday, July 8, 2010

Buongiorno Italia!

So I'm here in Italy now and had a day filled with firsts. First time getting so irritated with a child on a plane that I actually said something to the red-headed she-devil, first time getting overwhelmed with the enormous airport crowd, first time getting lost on an Italian bus, and quite a few more like that. But, I also had a day of really great firsts, such as the first time on a trans-Atlantic flight, first time getting my own euros, first time speaking speaking Italian IN Italy (and the lady said that I spoke really well! :) ), first time doing a really difficult navigation in a foreign country by myself, and the first time eating REAL Italian food (and drinking their blasphemous Coca Cola Lite)! Although it wasn't the best day ever, it's the first in my collection of memories, so that's great! Here's a few pics I took throughout the day:

Not looking like a tourist at all...

A couple views from my seat on the plane...


Passport check!


Finally in Rome, and on my walk to find something to eat...







First meal in Rome!


No comments:

Post a Comment